The ACSEP continue to uphold and advance world leading training and practice in the specialty of Sport and Exercise Medicine.
The ACSEP Annual Scientific Conference 2020 took place in Canberra, Australia, from February 7-9. This annual event provides a unique opportunity for the global Sport and Exercise Medicine community; Sport and Exercise Physicians, Sports Doctors, General Practitioners, Registrars, Medical Students and other specialties to meet face to face.
The three-day scientific program was filled with wonderful presentations, led by local and worldwide experts.
We're thrilled to have these presentation videos available for viewing via the SEM Academy membership.
- Opening of the ACSEP Scientific Conference - ACSEP President Dr Louise Tulloh
- Welcome to Country - Official Ceremony - Duncan Smith OAM
- Vince Higgins Lecture - Prescribing Physical Activity as Medicine - The Canadian Experience and Global Perspectives - Dr Jane Thornton (CASEM)
- Exercise as Medicine - Chaired by Dr Adam Castricum
- ACL Session - Is the Cruciate Crucial? Chaired by Dr Sharron Flahive
- Female Athlete Symposium - Chaired by Dr Sarah Beable
- Paediatric SEM (keynote) - Youth Early Sports Specialization: A Summary of the 2019 AMSSM Research Summit - Dr Tracy Ray (AMSSM)
- Paediatric SEM - Hypermobility in Children. The Role of Exercise Testing and Prescription for Children with Metabolic Myopathies. Resistance Training in Children and Young Adults - Chaired by Dr Carolyn Broderick
- Performance Nutrition Workshop - Perspectives on Low Carb Diets and Performance - Chaired by Prof Peter Brukner
- Female Athlete Workshop - Facilitated by Bill Tait
- Streams & Abstracts -
- Stream 1 - MSK - Chaired by A/Prof Jane Fitzpatrick
- Stream 2 - Medical - Chaired by Dr David Humphries
- Stream 3 - Radiology, Technology & the Environment - Chaired Prof Kieran Fallon
- Concussion in Sport Update - Chaired by Dr David Hughes
Included in Membership