ACSEP MANAGEMENT OF SPORTS TRAUMA (MOST) COURSE
AUSTRALIA AND NEW ZEALAND DATES scheduled for 2024 & 2025!
scroll down for more info!
The ACSEP Management of Sports Trauma (MOST) Course combines current theory and a practical approach to equip medical professionals with the core skills needed to manage traumatic sporting injuries, on and off the field. Highly practical and interactive, this comprehensive two-day course addresses common emergencies that might confront a healthcare or medical professional, covers the rationale behind treatment choices and the adaption of medical management at sporting events and out in the field.
The MOST Course is CPD approved by the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners, Australasian College of Emergency Medicine and Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine.
2024 - 2025
WHO IS the MOST COURSE FOR?
The MOST Course is specifically designed for healthcare professionals, such as:
- ACSEP Registrars
- ACSEP Fellows
- Physiotherapists & Other Health Professionals
- Medical Students
COURSE CONTENTVIEW A TASTER OF THE COURSE MANUAL HERE
The course covers the ABC of trauma management, as well as key learning points for safe emergency management of medical collapse, concussion, acute management of medical problems, environmental impact and resuscitation. The course covers CPR/BLS and ALS Resuscitation as well as the assessment and management of a range of trauma related scenarios. MOST course prepares you for:
- Airway obstruction
- The unresponsive patient
- Concussion management
- Collapsed endurance athlete
- Cardiac arrest and emergencies
- Acute exacerbations of asthma
- Hyperthermia and hypothermia
- Head and neck injury
- Injuries to the face/teeth/eyes
- Injuries to the chest
- Intra-abdominal injuries
- Significant extremity trauma
- Electrical injuries
The course also covers preparation for events, including:
- Working with your surrounding medical team
- Preparing your medical kit
This course has mandatory pre-reading components in the form of e-learning modules. Access to pre-reading will be given upon registration.
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING THE COURSE?
MOST Course attendees can expect:
- 4 specialised course facilitators
- Detailed course training manual
- Theory sessions complemented by ample practical sessions in small groups
- Short questions/quizzes
- Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea provided
- Certificate upon completion
Need more information?
Please contact for more information:
REGISTER FOR MOST COURSE NOW